Friday, January 23, 2009

How it goes

At some point I will add new pictures, maybe with regularity...maybe. And I keep meaning to post the series of pictures of the Glowing crucifix belt buckle...

Over the past week or so, my boss comes into my office each day and we have a conversation that goes something like this:

"Good morning Gabe."
"Good morning boss."
"How are you today?"
"oh, I'm fine"
"Really?"
"Well, I know that good things will come out of all of this. I am viewing this as a opportunity to explore new things."
"Really Gabe?"
"Yes."
"Come on Gabe you can tell me, I know this situation sucks."
"Well I know it sucks, things are bad all over. But really, I'm fine"
"But you should be upset."
"I suppose I could be, but I don't really see the point."
"You can be upset, it's ok if you are."
"I know."
"It's me Gabe. You can tell me..."
etc.

Really the main thing I'm upset about is how much I'm getting from unemployment, and most of that I blame on the Americorps VISTA program.

In other news, I have been working at my application for PhD school. I don't think that is the correct term, however, I'm pretty sure you don't call it "grad school" or "doctor school."

I hear there is a party involving funny hats going down this eve. I think I will try and make a hat with a glitter fountain on top so wherever you go there is a constant mist of glitter.

Ok, I think I need some more coffee now.

1 comment:

rachelmira said...

PhD school is a good name.

Gabriel Burian-Mohr