Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The road to recovery

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I recently went to the doctor. As it turns out, I have, apparently, been depressed since 1995. Who knew? Anyway, I went on antidepressants. It has been about three weeks since I started, so I guess they have taken effect. While I have noticed that I have had less trouble concentrating and have not been depressed about my service here in the Siberia of the Pacific Northwest. I have also found myself less interested in complaining about it, and as some of you may know, I really like complaining about things and passing them off as observations. This has all led to my most recent blog entries being (I think) considerably less funny, insightful or interesting. I have decided that mind-bending drugs are not the thing for me, and that I like my angst the way it was. So, until I get my depression levels back on track, I will be posting with slightly less frequency. This is also unfortunate, since I was so close to being current with my postings...oh well, it's for the greater good.

I sincerely apologize if this was more information about me than you really wanted, I just thought I needed to explain.

Heart,

Gabe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to die?

Gabriel said...

Sure, someday. Maybe it was a bad picture choice

Anonymous said...

oh gabe, i meant to mention to you that you've been depressed since 1995. kept slipping my mind. sorry.

now what you wanna do, ya see, is take all those antidee tabs all at once, wash 'em down with a frosty northwestern beer and go watch some cable teevee for a few hours. fix ya right up.

and not to worry, yr funnier than ever.
love
homelite gravely

Gabriel Burian-Mohr