Friday, January 26, 2007

Long story short

Decided to spend the day in Denver and leave in the evening. Had lunch with Rachel. Mailed my old license plates back to New York (to prevent having my license suspended). Went to the Denver Art Museum, well worth the trip if you happen to be in Denver. While leaving the museum I had to walk through a park filled with drug addicts and/or teenagers. One of said teenage drug addicts threw a snowball at me. I chose to just scowl at him and move on. I repacked the car in such a way as that I could see out the back window. Went out to Rachel and Andy’s favorite Mexican restaurants. I had the chile’ reieno’s, I was asked if I wanted them soft or crispy, I was unsure how to respond to the question. After much boom box trial and error I finally got on the road. I avoided the Rockies for obvious reasons and headed toward Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have no idea what time I arrived in Albuquerque as the clock in my car gives the wrong time in a non linear fashion. I parked at the end of a side street and went to sleep. Later I was awoken by a police officer, or maybe he was a security guard, he told me I wasn’t supposed to be sleeping here and asked how long I had planned to stay, I think I just mumbled something about leavening in the morning, he told me to go back to sleep. A few hours later the same officer woke me up again and told me I had to leave before the workers started to arrive (?) I parked on a different block and slept there instead.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr