Monday, April 23, 2007

Music and guns

I went to the Department of Fish and Wildlife to get my fishing license. I was told that because I haven't lived in Oregon for six months, I have to get a non-resident fishing license. Non-resident licenses cost 2.5 times as as much as resident ones.

While I was there, I decided to get a hunting license as well, my thinking being; you only really need to shoot one deer or bear or whatever to provide enough meat for a whole year.

This is the hunting gun I bought at Wal-Mart. I had a coupon, so they gave me a whole bunch of bullets too.

On Saturday we had band practice. The band has been formed to perform at the Northwest Service Symposium in Portland, Oregon. The Symposium showcases artwork, poetry & music of Americorps members serving throughout the northwest. Our ensemble will be presenting a musical revue/operetta/performance consisting of three acts/songs. The songs are Weeping Willow (David; guitar, and vocals, Lupita; vocals, tambourine, and whistle, Adrienne; cello, and vocals, Me; melodica, and vocals), Poverty Can't Step To Me (a rap song with me rapping to some sweet beats I made), and finally, 501(c)3 Can You C Me (an acapella number with all of us singing). The resulting performance will be awesome, amazing, and moving.

1 comment:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr