Monday, January 14, 2008

In a dark bar with fake windows

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is a picture of my brother drinking coffee in the middle of the night.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
To each his own I suppose.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You have to admit; one thing the awsomecam IS good at, is taking pictures of Christmas lights.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Word.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I went with Josh to the Roost to meet up with his friend Lordis.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Roost hadn't changed much since I was a regular back around the turn of the century.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Leather Girl the bartender was still there; in full effect.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Like most of the bars in Echo Park, Silverlake and Los Feliz; all of the regulars have been run off in search of darker, dingyer and more divey bars.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to pull some "I hung out here before all the hipsters came in and ruined everything for everyone"
holier-than-thou thing.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm just saying.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lordis, Christine, another young lady whose name I don't remember, Josh and myself played a board game that was similar to Operation only harder and instead of buzzing when you touched the edges; the game shocked you.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And not a little shock.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One that was pretty painful and un-fun.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We stopped playing after one round of pain.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
By the way; I was totally coming here before the hipsters came in and ruined things for everyone.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr