Tuesday, January 22, 2008

still in hell

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As I said; I could see the Las Vegas strip. So I decided to try and walk there.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was pretty cold out, I kept slipping on ice.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I thought it was supposed to be hot in the desert.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As it turns out; you can't really just walk from the airport to the strip, unless you can figure out a way to run across the landing strip.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm not sure what this is, but I will venture a guess that is some sort of injury.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had only, maybe, gotten about 2 hours of sleep. So, I found a spot where I could NOT hear any slot machines and took a little nap.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On my flight to Phoenix; I sat next to a young lady who had just come from Eugene and now was on her way to Mexico somewhere.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She told me that her flights to and from Eugene were always getting canceled.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She also told me how drunk she planned to get while in Mexico.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a book titled Walter the Farting Dog. I can't believe that we are telling kids that farting is not only acceptable but funny as well. Granted my taking a picture of book about farting, and commenting on it might constitute a fart joke.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While I am no expert on the subject; it appears that the food court at the Phoenix airport has a large West Indian population. Who knew?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I got a baked potato at a restaurant specializing in baked potatoes and Philly cheese steaks.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I only felt vaguely gross afterwards.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was an attempt at taking a picture of the Phoenix skyline.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I chatted with a young woman who had been part of the epic Las Vegas adventure. She was on her way back to Eugene from somewhere in the Middle West
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We made jokes about how angry some of our co-passengers were.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As we waited; we ran into Haley from the Boys and Girls Club.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At some point the flight announcer woman began stalling and started to lead us to believe that yet another of our flights would be canceled.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After some vague excuses, that sounded a lot like "this flight isn't really as full as we would like it to be, lets cancel it and hope for better luck with the next one",we were eventually boarded and sent back to Oregon.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was going to be pretty sad if I had to sleep on the floor at the Phoenix airport, as it was considerably more depressing than the Las Vegas airport.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
32 hours later I was back in Oregon. My parking bill was $80. At least I didn't have to wait for my bags...they got there yesterday.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr