Sunday, March 30, 2008

Not about indie-pop (mostly)

So, I've been listening to a lot of indie-pop recently, but the last thing anyone needs is another blog about indie-pop, thus here are some things you should check out that are NOT indie-pop. I don't know what it is about being depressed and feeling the need to listen to excessive amounts of Regina Spektor.

Anyway:

PRE - Epic Fits: I didn't realize that the Skin Graft label even existed anymore. This would be a good album for irritating your roommate/cubical-mate at 2 in the morning/8 in the morning, respectively. I think this album has inspired me to have a no-wave dance party once spring finally gets here.

Tujiko Noriko: Maybe this is getting closer to indie-pop, however, she is on the Mego record label and, the wise and powerful, wikipedia described her as a "Japanese avant-pop-experimental-musician". Tujiko Noriko, probably, wont irritate your roommate, depending on how sensitive your roommate is. Hopefully, she will elicit spontaneous joy and dancing in you and your roommate. Maybe I could have an electro-avant-pop dance party in the spring as well.

Lykke Li: Ok, Lykke Li IS indie-pop, but, if you haven't heard her yet; you probably should. I think all the kids are going to be blasting her from their boom-boxes this summer, during their; indie-pop dance parties. If nothing else, you should check out her myspace picture, she's totally cute, maybe I will ask her to come to one of the before mentioned dance parties.

If you would like me to make you a mix-tape; I will accept trades in the form of baked goods, especially cup cakes.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr