Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Princess and the pea

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My bed, or more accurately my used-Wal-mart-futon-couch, has been giving me terrible back pain.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I removed the 10+ layers of stuff/padding in between the sheets and the mattress.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the pile of:
1 futon cover, 1 futon cover from a different futon, 3 mattress pads, 2 flat sheets, some scraps of fabric that at one time acted as curtains, 1 sleeping bag, 2 disaster blankets and 1 foam pad thing.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I also tried to fluff the futon up a little.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Because the previous owners of the futon were hippies of some sort; every time I wash or reposition the inner layers of my bed system, the faint stench of patchouli fills my apartment.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When I was done; the bed at least looked more comfortable.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When I got up the next morning the crippling back pain had just moved to a new section of my back.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have now moved the pile-of-bed off of it's bed frame and onto the floor. The thought being that maybe it was the frame that injured me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Well, the pain is slightly less. And again has moved to a new section of my back.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The first thing I'm going to do when I get an actual job is buy a new bed.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr