Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lacking street creds

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My parents came to visit Roseburg. (these are my parents, hi parents)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They came up under very mysterious pretenses.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It turns out they got me a car!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My new car is a futuristic station wagon. Also known as; a 2008 Pontiac Vibe.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It is awesome and from the future. It has a sensor on it that turns the head lights on when it gets dark. And, it gets 30 miles to the gallon.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The question is: do I still have street creds if I don't drive a car that is 20 years old, has no paint, reminds you of your grandparents and is perpetually breaking down, oh, and it has a funny smell?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At a book store I found this dictionary of hipster slang throughout the ages, I kind of wish I had it so I can start reviving slang that has no referents in contemporary culture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I met Lucy near her school for coffee. Lucy is training to be a speech pathologist. (Note: this picture was taken on a previous occasion, Oregon is NOT sunny or warm at the moment.)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I met Mary and Rachel for more coffee. They were debating whether or not they would participate in avant-garde Christmas caroling. Mary decided she would, Rachel decided she wouldn't (maybe if they were Hanukkah carols, as Rachel is one of god's chosen people). (Note: Rachel is not in this picture, I couldn't find the picture with her and Mary together.)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While we were outside checking out my future car, we ran into Elaina, well wasn't that a coincidence.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a bunny in a sack.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Said bunny in sack; ended up "bunny and jewels on heart shaped belt buckle".
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At the store where I bought the bunny, I saw a meth addict steal a shirt. I didn't rat her out. Whenever I'm in a difficult moral dilemma like that, I just try and remember the first rule of the school yard; kid who tells on another kid; is a dead kid. It also reminds me of that movie Over the Edge with Matt Dillon

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr