Thursday, December 13, 2007

Punk is (not) dead(?)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a painting I did of myself.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This toy is supposed to be "punk" or something (it had a label that said so on the back). It's pretty obvious once you see his goatee, his striped shirt, baggy pants and notice that he is throwing up satanic had signs...oh his smirk and the hair that looks like a dipped ice cream cone help too.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a paint-by-numbers ashtray. A lot of the paint has flaked off exposing the numbers underneath. Now I'm sad I didn't get it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a troll gravy boat or maybe it was a tea set. I vote that this troll is like 300% more "punk rock" than that toy that had punk printed on it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And whats more punk rock than a pile of paintings?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a piano for sale at one of the local thrift shops. It's not really punk rock, I just kind of wanted it. This one time I saw a piano at the Goodwill, the first time I saw it; about half the keys worked, when I saw it again a week or so later; most of the lamenent had been pulled of the keys, only about two of the keys still worked and the Goodwill had raised the price from $100 to $150. Everything about that piano was pretty "punk rock"
(minus Goodwills price gouging) .
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a electronic singing and dancing parrot for sale at the supermarket. I tried putting it on my shoulder, unfortunately the thing weighs like 100 pounds.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was the day I set up my online store. Maybe you forgot to go and purchase my fine handmade belt buckles, I'm not mad I know how busy you all are, you can do it now http://gheetro.etsy.com
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's funny that the same "roll of film" will produce a clear(ish) picture with discernible objects, line and contrast (seen in the previous picture). And then produce a picture like this one, where the only thing you can really say, with any certainty, is that there was definitely something bright.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr