Friday, April 25, 2008

Does that make me a country boy?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here I am, prepared for the big city.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was my first time out of the sticks in a dogs age.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While we do have homeless people in Roseburg; it takes an urban hobo to just throw his used sign on the ground.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mary is, apparently, happy (or terrified) to see me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This Thai restaurant was inside an old house and had festive tableware. It was quite adorable.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
However, they only had one person working the floor, so our meal took forever.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maybe my life in the country (or shall we call it the land of meals that are delivered too quickly) has made me impatient. Which is strange; shouldn't I be annoyed at these fast paced city-slickers?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had come up to see my good friend Lyn Goeringer. She was in town from Rhode Island doing a performance as part of a evening of women in experimental electronic music.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When I had gotten to town (city) Marie wasn't sure if she wanted to come out to the show because she thought that I was going to drag her to see some singer/song writer with a guitar.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't even think I know any singer/song writers...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is Lyn; rocking out with her instrument (the ExOSkeL).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We hung out with Lyn as we listened to the electro-___ stylings of the Electrogals.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We tried to convince Lyn to come out dancing, but she had to catch a flight at 3am.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't really feel smart enough, anymore, to write a compelling critique of the performances of the evening. And I also feel that as a representative of Whitey and The Man; I am in no position to critique lesbian fashion.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr