Thursday, September 14, 2006

Adventures in public transportation

001.jpg
me getting ready.
002.jpg
me looking sad because it was raining a little and I was without an umbrella.
003.jpg
This was a very scrappy looking cat. I think it wanted to follow me.
004.jpg
This lot used to have a chicken and some other farm animals in it.
005.jpg
Same yard different view.
006.jpg
This is Chulo or Charo or something like that, I'm told it means Monkey and that it used to be a gallery that was down the street or is now down the street, I'm not sure I'm as confused as you.
007.jpg
The woman at the coffee shop said that she was impressed that I was wearing colors that matched, she said it was very cutting edge or something. The man working there said he would give me coffee regardless of if I matched or didn't(?). I think he may have be Australian.
008.jpg
A view from the bus toward downtown. A day-pass here costs $3 that's ok with me.
009.jpg
my bus dropping me off not exactly near my destination.
010.jpg
walking toward Chinatown.
011.jpg
A spooky vacant lot.
012.jpg
The Spooky building (I assume also vacant) next to the vacant lot.
013.jpg
I think this is self -explanatory.
014.jpg
This is a painting that I thought Alison would like it involved two goats, I think it was at Black Dragon Gallery or maybe a different one near it.
015.jpg
This is a giant chicken.
016.jpg
I went to Alvera Street.
017.jpg
(insert comment here)
018.jpg
This is a wall of wrestling masks.
019.jpg
A restaurant I did not eat at.
020.jpg
The Buro or Donkey that I had my picture taken on when I was like 10 or something. I really thought it was a live donkey. I found a bathroom at Alvera Street inside was a Mexican gangster guy popping blackheads or something.
021.jpg
I went searching for the "subway" which was not easy to find I thought maybe I would find it in Union Station.
022.jpg
I found it.
023.jpg
There was a clown on the train, he didn't speak much english.
024.jpg
The clown again.
025.jpg
A transvestite and her drug addict boyfriend.
026.jpg
Got off the subway at Hollywood and Highland. This was my view from the bus, then I read a magazine.
027.jpg
Me in front of the galleries in Culver City.
028.jpg
A pile of coffee cups in the ravine.
029.jpg
Took the Washington bus back toward downtown, It was filled with teenagers. At a stand (run by a cholo) near the bus stop a girl bought a bag of chips and the guy at the stand poured hot sauce and lemon juice inside(?).
030.jpg
Maybe a cemetery, though I don't remember taking a picture of any cemeteries.
031.jpg
Hobo's-on-Hope
032.jpg
I got off the bus downtown-ish (after like 100 hours on the bus) when I saw an above ground "subway" thing and got excited to not be a bus anymore.
033.jpg
A very tall escalator letting me out downtown. I walked around for a while until I was bored.
034.jpg
This man had a "soul patch" piercing and a tattoo that said "insane".
035.jpg
I think this is Bonnie's house. I tried to stop by earlier but I think she was asleep.
036.jpg
That Australian coffee shop again, there was some hippie/hipster doufus working there.
037.jpg
I remember when this place used to be a sweat shop.
038.jpg
This house used to have the greenest yard in town and I think they had neighborhood watch meetings there.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr