Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I just flew in from Pomona... and boy are my arms tiered

001
I was looking for a shoulder-bag or a back-pack or a camera bag to hold my stuff but all I could find was this chest of drawers in my parents basement.
002
This will be the cover of my album of hard-rock-ballads.
003
This can be the inside cover, or maybe my greatest hits album.
004
I went to that Australian coffee shop with the funny name. There were these hipster-doofuses in front of me in line, they took a really long time, I thought about leaving, but, there was a cute girl with them so I continued to wait.
005
Maybe I had already had enough coffee.
006
I took the bus downtown to Union Station (surprise). The man on the right in this picture had crossed himself like 3 or 4 times, I guess he was an OCD-catholic.
007
This was an unusable corridor.
008
Ok, so I was trying to get to Pomona, to go to this store called Analogue Haven a store that just sells synthesizers or something. I got directions or more accurately I patched together directions from the internet. So, I went downtown to catch the metrolink train, I assumed this was the same train I had taken a week ago to get to Hollywood when I took the bus to Culver City, anyway it wasn't it's a whole different thing. After some trial and error I got a round trip ticket to Pomona and caught the 1:20 train to Pomona.
009
This one hallway at the train station had a beer ad on the ceiling.
010
A detailed view of said advertisement.
011
The view from the train.
012
The Prison. This may be the first picture that has come out pretty much how I imagined it.
013
Did I mention that Pomona is south, very south.
014
That's county hospital in the background.
015
Those are tents for camping under bridges, maybe trolls live in them.
016
This is an area warmly referred to as "the Panic Zone", nice, nice.
017
This is a tree and a housing project.
018
This might be my high-school.
019
Some guy.
020
A picture of this woman across from me looking at the thing I was taking a picture of.
021
I think this is when we passed the fair and saw an elephant.
022
One house I passed had a nativity scene in the backyard (it's September!). Another house had a car on it's roof!?
023
I arrived 40 +/- minutes later in scenic Pomona, California.
024
The train let me out onto a street with no sidewalks. This house was covered in ivy, I bet they have a rat problem.
025
I started walking in the direction in which I believed the store to be.
026
I stopped at a gas station and asked where 2nd st was the guy said he didn't know.
027
It turns out there are 2 Pomona Metrolink stations one in North Pomona (my station) and one in Old Town Pomona. So I started walking the 30 +/- blocks toward the other station.
028
I tried to take a picture of the street sign with a very high number on it for dramatic effect.
029
Yet another building with a giant chicken on top.
030
There was a block with like 5 or more dentists all on the same block, this one was housed in an old time diner.
031
Judging by that placard I would have to say this was a historic parking lot.
032
A scenic church.
033
still walking.
034
I think those might be horses.
035
These are some religious icons found near the synthesizer store in olde towne Pomona.
036
So I found the store (and the other train station). The store was neat, I played with some synthesizers. The guy running the place seemed a little smug for my tastes and could use some better customer service skills, but maybe I'm overly sensitive.
037
I found out that I had missed the train heading back to LA, departing from the closer train station. Got a sandwich and a coffee at separate establishments. Started heading back.
038
The other train station was at the top of that mountain.
039
Did I mention that all day it had been like a thousand degrees?
040
Did I mention the several blocks surrounding this train station had no sidewalk.
041
A train came going the opposite direction, the time was an hour or so later than what I thought it was. Another train came also going the wrong way.
042
My train came.
043
This is an action shot.
044
Got to Union Station went outside to catch the bus. Found the bus stop, a bus came, not my bus, everyone at the stop got on.
045
Walked up a few blocks to where I knew a bus going my way would stop. There was a gross old bra on the ground, I'm pretty sure this is a picture of it. Did I mention it had gotten very cold out. We continued waiting.
046
I stared walking, the bus came. I walked up the hill to my parents house, dinner was ready. It was about 9:00.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr