Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Awesome Camera

I bought this digital key chain camera at K-mart. The camera is made by Philips and takes between 20 and like a hundred or so if you use low quality mode. I was so excited and took all the pictures and told everyone I saw how great it was. But, when I got it home and hooked it up to my computer nothing happened. The next day I franticly searched the interweb looking for a work around or anything to get my pictures off of this camera. I had very little luck and mostly just found other people complaining about the camera. I went to the Philips website and they don't even list the camera. So I sent several angry emails to Philips (and plan to give them angry phone calls on Monday) to which they wrote back telling me to call some other company. Maybe I will call the other company on Monday as well.

Long story short, Philips is a terrible unsupportive company and until they prove me otherwise I will continue to speak ill of them wherever I go, I got the camera to work with Virtual PC, but, I am still angry about the whole situation.

Henceforth I will try and up load as many of the pictures as I can from this camera.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

The Phillips camera died when it fell on the floor, it claimed to do video and if it was hooked up to a PC it could and in principle be used as a web-cam. I am now using the Innovage key-chain camera, which is basically the same camera at least the settings are the same, maybe it has a different lens or something. I think the pictures taken by the Philips camera might actually be slightly better thant my new Innovage camera.
How big is the Dakota camera?

Gabriel Burian-Mohr