Sunday, September 17, 2006

Galleries and a Party in South Central

001.jpg
UuDam picked me up and we headed downtown to the Red Hat or Red Cat I'm not sure, it's next to the music center. It was closed.
002.jpg
We decided to walk around the music center. There was some event going on, possibly a wedding though there were some old pictures on this table so, maybe it was a funeral or a reunion.
003.jpg
This reminded me of Richard Serra.
004.jpg
This was a pretty sweet fountain. There was some change in it, but not much.
005.jpg
Erotic...
006.jpg
We thought that there were evening events at the MOCA involving wine, cheese & music.... we were mistaken.
008.jpg
We wondered how many wires on this sculpture would need to be cut in order for it to fall down. We think allot.
009.jpg
this is a back alley in Chinatown.
010.jpg
This was this sweet truck we saw that had some stuff stuck to it maybe for transporting horses or maybe for attracting the ladies.
011.jpg
Rye made a sculpture at Black Dragon (not the pictured gallery) that involved a cot, dressed as a lion.
012.jpg
Rye, Hannah & Rebecca posing as McDonald's characters.
013.jpg
Here they are "Krumping".
014.jpg
This is us racing to find food.
016.jpg
We went to a Vietnamese place in Chinatown.
017.jpg
I had a dish titled "fish".
018.jpg
Rebecca had bobba & cigarettes.
015.jpg
We went to another opening of sculptures. Rodney McMillan was there, he introduced me as a great sound musician I was pretty touched.
019.jpg
Went to Sky's opening at Dangerous Curve, I am told that his work is based on video games or something like that. It was all made of styrofoam.
020.jpg
This is a slide from Sonic the Hedgehog.
021.jpg
This is a styrofoam boom-box.
022.jpg
At the opening I saw a transvestite fix his package.
023.jpg
We went to a party in South Central (note* I have been told that "South Central" has a bad rap so instead it is being either called South or Central) at a studio-space that was once a dentists office.
024.jpg
I'm really not sure what this is a picture of but, it must have been intense.
026.jpg
The party was for a hippie who's birthday it was and who was soon to be roommates with Rye. They had beer on tap, and the tap was shaped like a giant tooth.
027.jpg
There was an ample supply of off-brand glow sticks. Eventually allot of the glow sticks started leaking and were thus disposed of throughout the house. Nobody was that worried because the package said the were "non-toxie".
028.jpg
I think this picture might be in 3D.
029.jpg
An exploding glow-stick, probably.
030.jpg
UuDam with a glow-stick on his ear.
031.jpg
Obviously.
032.jpg
The DJ was pretty good, I thought there should have been dancing.
033.jpg
Rebecca & Hannah gave me a ride to my parents house.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr