Thursday, September 28, 2006

Everybody loves the fair

I keep forgetting to take my camera with me so this post may be a little spotty.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here I am in the car looking handsome, as usual.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This looks a lot like a gas station, I did go to Magic Gas the other day, I had remembered it being cheaper back in the day. They're probably just trying to pay for the new paint job.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm kind of confused, this appears to be the side of a hill. Maybe there is a goat on the hill or maybe there are people or a funny sign on the back of that truck.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't even know what street this is. Think of it like a puzzle where you have to make up a story to go along with the picture. Maybe it's from the day that the GPS in this car kept trying to drive me off cliffs and down dead-end-one-way streets. Really it's anybodies guess.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I finished building the case for my synthesizer. I think I did a pretty good job.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's the right amount crappy or abject or gheetro, whatever.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I went and got a blackened chicken sandwich at Netty's I'm glad that it's the exact same menu it was 10 years ago.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was the same woman working there as well. She noticed the camera so I took her picture.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ok, I've been working on the case for this synthesizer since Thursday or maybe Wednesday. Anyway I've been very patient and trying not to mess things up or do a crappy job. So I ate my lunch and was now ready to rock out with my new instrument. I plug it in and it doesn't work. None of the lights go on, no sounds come out. So, I look through what few and cryptic instructions I've been given, and it appears to me that they gave me the wrong power supply. So I call there and I'm telling the guy on the other end and he's like "maybe you hooked it up wrong" like it's my fault. Finally he's like you can bring it in and we can take a look at it, so I asked when they close, he says 6:00, it's 4:30, I tell him I going to try and get there before they close, he's like ok, whatever, see you Monday. So I get on the freeway toward Pomona about 10 minutes in to my drive the traffic is bumper-to-bumper, WTF it's F***ing Saturday, Maybe there all going to the fair, which is actually in Pomona as well. So, I'm looking at the GPS keep recalculating how long it's going to take to get 23 miles at speeds between 0 and 30. Anyway, I get to the store at 5:58. The manager, also know as "that guy who helped me the other day who needed help with his customer service skills" let me in and I told him it wasn't turning on blah, blah, blah. I got a new power supply and got a coffee at Starbucks. Anyway, I'm sorry to ramble on about nothing for so long (actually I'm not), but I figured if the ride home was going to be so long and filled with traffic I should at least have some scenery, so I took surface streets back it took like 2 hours, but what, I'm in a hurry to get somewhere. Anyway, the point is...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That wasn't supposed to be a picture of the computer, it was supposed to be me "rocking out".

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr