Friday, February 09, 2007

I heart nature

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It gets very dark here in Roseburg.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have been practicing my melodica playing using a "learn to play piano in 10 steps" book I got at the library. It's mostly a good book except some of the songs really don't translate well to beginner melodica, e.g. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star totally sucks to play on melodica.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In case you are un-familiar with the melodica, aka pocket piano, blow accordion, melodeon, diamonica, melodyhorn, wind piano, keyboard harmonica, pianica, cassotto, I will give a short description (that has mostly been taken from the melodic.com website). The Wind Piano can be described as a free reed system with a mouthpiece, air chamber, and keyboard. It sounds very much like a keyboard harmonica (although it is a tad more difficult to bend notes on it as you are further from the reeds) and it produces sound only exhaling into not inhaling. When played polyphonic (more than one note at a time) the instrument can sound very reminiscent of an accordion. (I mostly just like the part whetre they go through the other names given to the melodica. Anyway, right now I'm learning Rain Drops Keep Fallin' on My Head, it's going moderately.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This, as you may have guessed, is my awesome car, soon to be the theme of a similarly tittled blog.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I ran into Maggie & David at the drug store. Luckily they got there shortly after the part when I was smelling all of the sented candles.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We all went for a hike in the woods.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It is still pretty cold in the woods. I wish I had brought my hat.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Although I have never thought of myself as an outdoorsy type, I do like to believe I have an appreciation for the out-of-doors. I bellieve this is what is refered to as flora.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We walked down to the water, sans trail. I think we destroyed several ecosystems.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This may be a place for me to fish at some point. There are allot of places where you can watch salmon "run" (I think thats what it's called). I figure if you can see the fishes, it probably makes them easier to catch.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I fell in the water and it was pretty cold.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was Super Bowl Sunday. Go Bears...

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr