Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Noah's Ark the restaurant

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my heater at work. It stopped producing heat today.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We had a field trip to a plywood mill today.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On the way to the mil we passed the Noah's Ark restaurant. A few days ago I read about the restaurant and knew I needed to go there. The staff wear period outfits (??) Awesome.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The mill generates it's own power using tree bark.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And makes particle board out of the sawdust (etc) that they sweep up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dramatic.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't think Matt enjoyed the tour. Something about not being able to hear or not liking sawdust.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Every section of the mill/factory/whatever had a different smell. only some of which smelled like Christmas.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our guide had an impressive jacket. Imagine an 8 ball jackets but, in various shades of florescent. Our safety jackets were much less impressive.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't really know what to say without actually explaining how plywood is made.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Or, giving you facts about the timber industry.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was a drawing of Santa and a Pumpkin.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After the tour we went to Noah's Ark. It was closed.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We had Mexican food instead. Maxine wanted to have Margaritas for lunch.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This may be a picture of a mil, but I'm going to start a new story anyway. We drove to Eugene for the Micro Beer Festival.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had to drive, but because of the tape player, the trip was referred to as like being in the 80's.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The beer festival was held in a very well lit auditorium or possibly a caf-itorium.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Many small beers from small companies were consumed.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Many of said beers tasted like flowers.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is Jessica drinking a jalapeƱo flavored beer. I ended up drinking the second half of the beer.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a Bavarian beer maid (can I say that). She helped me pick out an appropriately flowery beer.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The crowd was pretty much exactly how I had envisioned the Pacific-Northwest prior to moving here. You can take that and interpret it however you see fit.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is an action shot of a hippie dance.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I think I might have a crush on the women of the Pacific-Northwest .
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We ran into Sam our other Americorps friend. He invited us out to a bar.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We quickly lost him an his friends.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are "Rap Snacks" a hip hop/rapper/ghetto themed food product....possibly awesome, more likely questionable.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The six of us all stayed at the Econo Lodge. The room was a double.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At the 7-11 (previously pictured) the guy working there liked the button on my vest and then showed me his key chain that he only kind of liked. He informed as to how he would have improved it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I forgot my pajamas, so I borrowed Evelyn's kulats. I had David take my picture, he took two to be on the safe side.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In the morning we went out for a macro-biotic breakfast. I had macro-bionic eggs.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr