Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Last week in the promised land


Emily, Lexington, Stephen and I traveled north to Portland. (please pardon the lack of Lexington and myself in this picture)

We had made an agreement that we would each bring a CD for the car ride and that nobody could complain about the music (except me, because I am the driver and the driver has absolute power).

So we heard not a peep during my hour and a half mix CD of electrocrass.

We stopped at Pioneer Villa for lunch. Everyone was quite disappointed.

In Portland we went to Powell's Books. Powell's is too big so I had an anxiety attack and made us leave.

We went to
Montage for dinner. Judging by the hordes of dressed up teenagers, I will venture a guess that it was prom night.

Our waitress made various tinfoil animals out of our leftovers.

Emily's was a whale. I think she won.

I will note that none of us had any plans to eat said leftovers, we just wanted our food wrapped into festive tinfoil animals.

Mary came out, briefly. I was very sad to see her go, she is doing some traveling and who knows when we will meet again.

When she does come back we have plans to start a gallery in Tivoli Village (the cutest town ever, if you didn't know).

At some bar; dancing was done to the stylings of a James Brown cover band.

Ping-pong, pool and foosball were played in a strangers basement.

Lexington and I were abandoned in said rec-room. We found our way home, sans travel companions.

The next morning we all went to The Screen Door, or possibly The Back Porch (or some similarly named restaurant) for brunch.

We waited half an hour for a table.

While we waited we sat in the spring time sun drinking coffee.

We sat at a table outside. Some parties had Bloody Marys, some had mimosas, I had coffee.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had some sort of Mexican themed breakfast with eggs and beans and tortillas and salsa and some other stuff.

I don't know if you have picked up on how happy this breakfast made me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The drive back to the Burg was long and tired.

1 comment:

smilesremembered said...

Wow, I'm glad to have been able to contribute a couple of photos to this spectacular post...

Gabriel Burian-Mohr