Thursday, May 08, 2008

Move into my car

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are the days of catharsis.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As you may, or may not, have gathered, I own too much stuff.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Who the hell actually needs two organs?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A drafting table and another desk, just for piling stuff on.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
10+ boxes of wire, broken electronics, scraps of this, scraps of that.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And even if you did need all of this detritus...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Does one really need to store it in their already claustrophobic one bedroom apartment?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I decided that I couldn't take it anymore.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I needed to get rid of as much as I could.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I threw away as much as I could. 1 desk, 1 organ, many boxes that if one were moving might be labeled "etc." and various things that one holds onto because; "one day I might really need that cell phone charger from that phone I lost 12 years ago".
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What I couldn't part with; I moved into my car.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is my car filled with: cassette tapes, three laptops, boxes of wire, a record player, my fishing equipment, extra bedding and whatever else I thought I might need someday.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All this packing and the disebarrassment of my excess baggage made me, briefly, contemplate skipping town
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Anyway. I moved the Celebrity from it's parking space, of 4 months, to the front of the Cozy/Kozy Apartments for easier loading.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When I went to re-park the Celebrity in it's original parking space; I found that someone else had parked in it's spot.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Later, once the other car had moved, I tried to park my mobile storage unit in it's proper parking place; the car wouldn't start. Now my, dead(ish), car filled with all of my excess crap is parked, very much, out in the open.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maybe I should actually lock the doors.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr