Friday, July 11, 2008

Bands with stupid names

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Today we prepare for the Summer Arts Festival. Steve brought over his Summer Associates; Sarah and Lynsey. I like the fact that I don't need to learn any new names.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is Sarah doing some work.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lynsey helping.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Steve supervising.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me being quite pleased with the distribution of labor.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Various attempts were made to thread the rope though this sign. Eventually we decided to staple the rope to the end of a dowel and thread it through that way.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It did work, however, the first attempt ended up threaded backwards.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As the Summer Associates are teenagers; they felt impelled to talk about bands I had never heard of.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I told them that "___ is not a band name" and "bands today need to come up with less stupid names."
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I took my car in to have the door problem remedied.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While they didn't fix the problem, they did wash the car for free.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is the paint-by-number black velvet fantasy mural I got for Christmas.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am very good at coloring.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Megan is doing a mosaic version of Starry Night.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's pretty nice.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is another detail.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Megan and I; went over to Megan's to read magazines.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Megan and Megan thought it would be a good idea to dress up the dog.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'll let you be the judge.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I told them that I was only going to include one picture of Megan's dog wearing clothes.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I feel, slightly, tricked.

3 comments:

A Rat in the Walls said...

Okay so I just showed this post to Lindsey and Sarah.

Lindsey's response, verbatim:

A. My name is spelled wrong. (For some reason, it's spelled "Lynsey.")

D. We're not teenagers, and

C. C was lost as I started making fun of her for not knowing the alphabet.

Gabriel said...

My apologies for misspelling Lindsey. I have made the correction. Does Sarah want me to change her name as well? Maybe Sara or Serah.

A Rat in the Walls said...

Actually, I think she spells it "Sirrah."

Gabriel Burian-Mohr