Monday, July 21, 2008

So much injury, so little time

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Today for barbecue breakfast I am having pumpkin pancakes.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't actually know what this picture is trying to illustrate. That I have a system for lighting coals? That I am going to barbecue pancakes? That the newspaper I use, to start the fire produces a bad smelling oddly colored smoke?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the spooky fairy troll that replaced Bacchus in the garden.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Too much butter? Too much batter?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The first one always comes out a little funny. It worked out though, I just snacked on it while I made more, attractive, pancakes.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This one looks better...right?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What would breakfast be if I didn't injure myself?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I hate that stupid cat.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In the end; another lovely barbecue breakfast (at 11:45).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is what happens if you accidentally lock your cat in the closet.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a ceramic cat that I have filled with plaster and will attempt to make a belt buckle out of.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is the buckle I will attach the cat to.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My second injury of the day.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Drilling a ceramic cat is harder than I would have thought. I didn't think there was supposed to be smoke.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One bit down. Four holes to go.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Number three. Or is it four since I think I got more than on cut during my last incident.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I wonder if the plaster is any part of the problem.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I believe that metal and plaster dust help promote faster healing.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Two bits, four (or more) injuries and still working on the first hole in that cat.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Not having much luck with the cat; I move on to a different buckle project.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I decided that if I plan to injure myself so much; I should at least have decent bandages.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have nothing to say about this "Volcano Chicken" (maybe it was called something different, but, that's not the point). They were playing Jane's Addiction and it made me happy and I just wanted to remember that moment.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now you can do a christening in your very own living room.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Maybe this person has one arm that is considerably larger than the other.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So I found this player piano. I'm pretty sure I need it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's pedal powered, so I made the owner of the shop pedal it for me
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Not just an elk horn or a rattle snake, but a rattle snake encased in acrylic on an elk horn belt buckle.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As picnics are the hot thing to do in Roseburg; I have been on the lookout for a sweet picnic basket.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't know which part of this that I think is the most interesting: the bomb-esque packaging? The wrapping of random books to look like bombs and selling them for $2? The wrapping of random books to look like bombs, posting a sign forbidding the handling or inspecting the mysterious packages, selling these mysterious packages at $2 a pop and labeling them "Christian Romance" (do these books revolve around the period where Jesus roamed the countryside as a gigolo).

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr