Friday, June 27, 2008

Burning bridges and taking names

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I decided that I needed a day off from Roseburg.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Stephen and I drove down to Grants Pass for a change of scenery.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is some slightly different scenery.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's Spring here.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Just not in Roseburg.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I found a dollar, I think it may be a sign that things are looking up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Apparently in Grants Pass; it's all about the climate.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Apparently in Grants Pass; it's NOT all about saving paper.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Odly, only half the people in this mural actually have faces.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When I ordered; our waitress asked me if I liked peanut butter...apparently I misjudged just how much peanut butter I would need to like.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Steve and I went to get coffee, we were paying and I handed Steve the $2 in cash that I had, so he says to the barista "here is $2 and can you put the rest on my card" to which she replies "Sure. Or I could just not charge you for your coffee." So she took my $2 plus whatever change I had in my pocket, and gave Steve a free coffee! Did I mention that I am mad as hell? And my coffee was awful, by the way, and not just because Steve's was free.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(pause)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are finger potatoes.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Emily brought pumpkin bread. Part of this may have had something to do with the fact that I had told both Megan and Emily that I would disown them as friends if they made pumpkin bread and didn't offer me any.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here are two dinosaurs, two owls and a rubber celery. Obviously.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I attempted to steal Emily's soul. I was thwarted once again.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I like discovering things with my name on them. Granted, this is my barbecue and I probably put the sticker there.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We had a barbecue involving communal eating. Here Mike is eating balsamic corn.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Emily and Mike experimented with putting guacamole on everything. The corn was ok with guacamole, the fish...less so.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What barbecue would be complete without burning stuff? More accurately; what barbecue would be complete without the burning of my Douglas Fir?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We initially tried to barbecue the tree. This yielded little result.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is Mike pouring lighter fluid on my tree.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is my tree dieing a fiery death.

No comments:

Gabriel Burian-Mohr