Monday, June 02, 2008

Places I don't want to go

I have been inspired to start a series of list blog posts. I had a list of "things that I do and things that I want to do" I would post it but, it's vaguely depressing and has changed since the time I wrote it.

Per Emily's sugestion; here is a list of: "Places I don't want to go".


Montana:
As I may have mentioned before, I don't really believe that Montana exists. Supposing that it did exist, I would think it would be filled with militias set on keeping America pure.

Turkish prison: Ever since I watched Midnight Express; I am terrified of getting stuck in Turkish prison after attempting to smuggle hash into the US. I fear not being released and dealing with pay offs, corruption and violence and eventually having to murder a guard in order to get out, 7+ years later.

Delaware: If there was a contest for the least interesting state; I think Delaware would win.

Virginia: Maybe the people in West Virginia are all crazy but, the people in regular Virginia are all jerks. I'm not allowed to drive in the state anyway, so I don't really foresee a problem.

Stores: Really any store that specializes in home electronics or bulk food is a place I do not want to be.

Roseburg Valley Mall: While I think that I might like Orange Julius and Skippers world of Fish, I'm not really willing to stick around and find out.

Indiana: If they were giving out awards for the worst state; I would vote for Indiana. They should really change their state motto from "The crossroads of America" to "the smelliest roads in America". And, what the hell is a "hoosier"? And don't even get me started on Gary...

Here is a less in depth list of other places I don't want to go:

The Great Plains
Washington, DC
Dutch Congo
Mexican jail
New Jersey (and just so you know it's is totally passe to hate New Jersey)
Events geared toward teenagers and/or old people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But New Jersey has those deep fried hot dogs that we have all heard so very much about. Even their name is enchanting -- "Rippers."

Gabriel Burian-Mohr